Topband: RF exposure/FS calculator? How big is your property for no RFI

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RF exposure/FS calculator? How big is your property for no RFI to neighbours?
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 18:11:14 -0400
A ham friend is plagued by causing QRM  to his neighbours TV's (mostly
cable, some satellite users and maybe a rabbit ear or two)  (even on 160m,
which I have been trying to get him interested in) and I thought I used to
use a webpage, which I THOUGHT may have been a RF exposure or FS calculator
of sorts.

Ie: Plug in your power, feedline loss, height of antenna, etc. etc and the
answer was in uV/M or something like that.  I used it 4-5 yrs ago to figure
out how big of a plot of land to buy and where to locate my tower when I
moved.  Not for fear of RF exposure, but to get a rough idea of field
strength. I ended up "guessing" one would likely be safe in the center of 9
acres running a kW @ 70', but I settled for less and careful tower placement
(next to a farm) has me (knock on wood) in a RFI free environment, so far as
I know.

Ultimately, for my local ham buddy what he's trying to calculate is if he
runs 1.5kW on 160m (or HF), just how far away from his neighbours must his
antenna be?

He's serious about either moving his tower, or moving QTH altogether !

We are still analog TV in Canada and the main local VHF stns are 4 & 9 (also
have wired cable too)
Thanks for any insight.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith