Topband: TX3A, Monday morning. Nov. 9

To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TX3A, Monday morning. Nov. 9
From: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 11:25:00 -0500
TX3A continues to be best on the east coast just at early morning
twilight around 1130 UTC.

I thought I worked him on the 7th at 1131 UTC.  I heard my call several
times, but was having trouble getting my report to him, and so wasn't
completely confident in the QSO.  When the online log was updated to
include QSOs on the 7th, I discovered that my call wasn't there.  Ohhhh,
what I would like to do to the lid that kept calling on top of me when I
was trying to pass the report!  Never mind, I get to enjoy the hunt again.

This morning, 6 minutes later than on the 7th, I had a complete QSO just
as he was peaking.  He then worked K4UEE who had a little trouble
completing the QSO, but did so, and then the gray line had advanced and
the stations further inland were going into the log.  The propagation as
the gray line approached was interesting.  While I was copying best,
most of the time, on a 720' beverage pointing to the SW, he would fade
significantly into the noise but was still readable on the SE beverage
which is only about 350' long.

I'll keep my fingers crossed until the next log update.  When I see my
call listed, then I'll relax a bit.

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net