Re: Topband: MFJ 1026 Noise Canceller

To: <w2pm@aol.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: MFJ 1026 Noise Canceller
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:15:10 -0800
Pete W2PM wrote:

I often find that if I can get a modest null, then I can find a
much deeper and profound one with extra work either in futzing with the
adjustments of playing around with the configuration of the noise
antenna.  In some cases I've amplified the noise antenna input to the
1025, sometimes changed the antenna (or switch between several choices)
but again, if you get some null you might be able to exploit it ..

Thanks Pete,

I have a two position antenna switch and switch between the K9AY loop
and a wire lying on the roof. I plan to change to a multiple position
switch and add several more sense antennas so I can see which one give
the best results on any given day.

73,

Bob/AA6VB