Topband: Small Receive Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Small Receive Antenna
From: "Larry Pasman" <lrpmbt@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:38:47 -0500
Check out the Wall Flag, it is a very effective receive antenna. I built one
this summer. It is now mounted over my garage. It is by no means a beverage,
but performs extremely well. I can hear stations on the Waller Flag I cannot
hear on the vertical. I just moved one of the preamps to the garage. It makes
the WF much better. It can be rotated by a TV rotor. Mine is a bit different,
but works better than I expected. I tried the small loops and had very poor
results. It also works well on 40 (doesn't need preamp) and 80 meters needs
some preamp. I can switch both preamps in or out and many times need no preamp
at all. Also used cat series 5 wire for the phasing lines, much better than
rg58. Others have used the series 5 wire all the way to the shack.
http://www.n4is.com/wf/NEW_WF.html