Re: Topband: F connector question

To: k8gt@mi.rr.com
Subject: Re: Topband: F connector question
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:36:04 -0800
It is certainly true that 50 ohm N and 75 ohm N connectors are NOT
physically interchangible (a N-50-male with trash a N-75-female). I
don't recall for sure about 50 and 75 ohm BNC. The 75 ohm BNCs I
remember using were on the return loss bridge for Wavetek CATV sweep
generator. I believe that the nested dielectric cylinders that are
present in the 50 ohm BNC are removed entirely from the 75 ohm BNC in
order to raise the impedance of the structure, but I don't recall for
sure about the center pin/receptacle diameters.

Mike W4EF..............