Topband: Noise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Noise
From: "Tod - ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:48:37 -0700
For some folks on 160 noise reduction is of interest.

I have placed a copy of a paper written for the LowDown [A LowFer magazine
which I believe is no longer being published] some years ago, It used to be
in the LowFer library but seems to no longer be available online.

The paper was written by John Reed and has the title "Synchronous Noise
Blankers Revisited".  I have placed a .pdf copy of it on my web site at

http://www.k0to.us/HAM/Articles/Synchronous%20Noise%20Blankers%20Revisted.pd

If anyone has built and tested this circuit I would appreciate hearing from
them. I am planning to fabricate one for myself and test it to see if the
claim of 60 to 80 dB of noise reduction is real.

Tod, K0TO