Re: Topband: N7UA Does It Again!

To: "TopBand-list" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: N7UA Does It Again!
From: "F8BPN" <f8bpn@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:05:54 -0000
Hi All!

Just a short note about the past contest.
Conditions on TB hasn't been as I hoped they could be. They were very good
at the beginig of the contest, I worked a lot of US stations from east to
west, but around 0400z it faded to very poor conditions
Worked N7UA and K7LR, both from the state of WA with extremly strong signals
in the middle of the first night.
Then on the second night conditions were poor, just 1 JA in the log. But a
new one with B7P.

Yesterday evening, monday, very good opening into JA, 20 JA stations in the
log with strong signals in about half an hour. A shame, I came to the radio
a bit too late and second, strong QRN which was making the copy difficult
despite of the strength of the signals. There was always a stupid crash
right on the letter I couldn't copy every time the guy was repeating...

Hoped for some conditions into NA this morning, but after more than one hour
CQ without a single QSO, I gave up. Missed my friend Bob, KE0UI from VP9, he
heard me, but I didn't. :-(
Worked ZF2AM for another new one! The season is not finished yet and so far
it is 12 new one in the log! DXCC #210... when all these QSO will be
confirmed...still waiting QSL since several month or years...

Hope to see you next week end into the ARRL 160m, I will be on the first
night... Hope for good conditions and finaly complete my WAS, need only
Idaho!

73/88 de F8BPN, Mau
f8bpn@wanadoo.fr
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ph-martin/f8bpn