Topband: Noise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Noise
From: H R SMITH <ron3cx3000a7@q.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:26:35 -0800
I,ve had noise at S9+20/30 and find it I did. The noise came from lights in the
parking lot at Rosauers Supermarket. I found it using my MFJ-852 and a Grundig
G6 SW receiver. I went to the store at night so they could see and hear the
problem. The manager was not in so I talked with an assistant-manager. He
didn't ask to see or hear the noise but took all my info and phone number and
said he would send it up the chain. It took only two days and all the bad
lights were fixed! Now I have an S3/4 on my receive antennas and am building an
ultrasinic power line arc detector and maybe I'll find that too. Having a lot
of fun on 160! Ron KB7ZR