Topband: A new experience on 160

To: 160 reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A new experience on 160
From: N7DF <n7df@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 06:38:10 -0800 (PST)
I got "Rickrolled" on 1840KHz this morning at 1400Z

While tuning around the band and listening to nothing but fishing beacons I
picked up a strong AM signal on 1840.  When I switched the receiver over to AM
I heard Rick Astley singing Never Gonna Give You Up loud and clear.

Checking the AM dial I found KSVA in Albuquerque on 920 playing the song.  They
are 210 miles away!  I think they  have a really bad second harmonic.

Otherwise it was a really BLAH morning on 160