Topband: Post Stew comments, thanks for a great test !

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Post Stew comments, thanks for a great test !
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 11:50:34 -0400
128Q's, 760½pts, 5 hours. VE9AA SO LP

Wow, a lot tougher than I thought using only 100w and short SF tower! I
think it helped having a homebrew mock-Xmas tree made of 100's of L.E.D.
lights hanging off the side of my tower @ the 24' level(hi).  My hat is off
to anyone doing this 'test QRP !  Hardly heard anything at all south of
me..ie: FLA, CARIB, SA, etc.  Some good ears in EU
(G4AMT,DL6FBL,OZ7YY,UU4JMG) and PNW (K7RAT,VE7CC,KB7Q,VE6SV) and some
QRN-ridden? >QRO? guys in W0/W8...hi hi...nice to hear the W1BB callsign out
there being used.  Recognized lots of callsigns from the TopBand Mailing
list.  For the most part, it seemed the "big guns" could hear very well .

Maybe next year I'll have an amp back online.  For now I'll keep looking for
a cheap kW for sale that'll do 160m. Thanks for my #1 fav contest ! - MIKE

73 de VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith
699 Rte 616 Keswick Ridge
NB
Canada
E6L 1T1
"160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX