Topband: Europrean SDR on 160M

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Europrean SDR on 160M
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:39:45 -0500
VO1HP:

 > Is this DXing ...definitely not BUT it can be done.  One wonders what the
future will hold for us with the advent of these  technologies and
applications.

         Frank, if applied to working new ones for DXCC, this is
simply another (modern) way to cheat.  DXCC rules prohibit this in
Rule 9, but that won't stop some from doing it anyway.

"9.   All stations must be contacted from the same DXCC entity. The
location of any station shall be defined as the location of the
transmitter. For the purposes of this award, remote operating points
must be located within the same DXCC entity as the transmitter and receiver."

         Cheating has been going on since the Garden of Eden and it
will continue until the end of this world.  I believe most of us know
who does and who doesn't cheat, whether it's falsifying QSLs, running
illegal power, accepting "prompts" during "QSOs", Chat Room /
Internet QSOs or whatever.  ARRL has done a creditable job of
removing some cheaters but it's impossible to catch all.  I
personally have zero respect for anyone who does this.

         Everyone must certify the following on each DXCC or
endorsement application:

"I affirm that I have observed all DXCC rules as well as all
governmental regulations established for Amateur Radio in my country."

What this means to some is different than what it means to
others...as Bill Clinton once said, "It depends on what your
definition of 'is' is."  :-)

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV

"160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX