Re: Topband: topband: Web Based Receivers..

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: topband: Web Based Receivers..
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:41:52 +1100
I fully endorse the idea from Steve K0SR on these Web Based
receivers...There should be considerable delay on the output..

I have listened to a local station continuously calling over dxpedition
stations with no break in transmission for minutes at a time...This is a
good indicator that that station is listening to an internet connected
radio...

The bottom line of this behaviour is twofold...One, it is
cheating....The other side to this is that the offending station is
blocking the frequency preventing honest operators from hearing the Dx
station unless the Dx station is working split...

de Bob..VK3ZL..
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK