Topband: 160, what a night it was for me!

To: "'topband reflector'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160, what a night it was for me!
From: "Mark Lunday" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 01:10:51 -0500
Wow, what a night.  I jumped on 160 to see if I could struggle through a
contact or two, maybe get lucky and work EU.  Worked RN3CT on the first
call, he was 579.  Then worked RK3ER.  Then I heard UA9KAA calling CQ, 559.
Amazing!

It just got better and better last night.heard KH6, worked ON4AOI and then
HA3OV.  I felt like it is 32 years ago when I first got my Novice ticket and
my hands were shaking from excitement as I made my first DX contacts on 15
meters using my 40 meter inverted vee.

I am hooked!  So much for my inverted L and 100 watts not working.HA!

Thanks to ALL who offered assistance, guidance, encouragement, and mentoring
to me on this BB.

Mark Lunday

WD4ELG

Greensboro, NC - FM06be