Topband: Pro3 problem

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Pro3 problem
From: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:00:25 -0700
I've had similar problems - my Acom 2000A would shut down on an Arc fault on
160 when I had the receive antenna (K7TJR 4 Sq) pointed towards the xmit
antenna (100' vertical inv-L) that is about 300' away. Only when pointed at
it... but then I discovered (the 160 antenna JUST went up on 26Dec09- first
time ever on 160) it did this in any direction on 80 (the 4 sq had been working
fine prior to installing the inv-L).

So I made a simple little relay box that connects off the xmit ptt line to the
amp - it turns power off to the receive 4 sq - this solved my problem... for
you a similar design just disconnecting (and if you want to go so far
connecting the RX input to a 50 ohm resistor) the RX antenna line would
probably work fine.

g.
Gary K9RX

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK