Topband: Delaware report -- mobile

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Delaware report -- mobile
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:07:09 -0500
Today was one of the few in the year when I had to leave for the office
before sunrise.

Around 1150z -- about a half hour before sunup -- while driving along
the major north-south expressway in Delaware, I started hearing several
JA signals on Top Band. Calls copied included JA5DQH and JH2FXK.

My screwdriver antenna motor is broken and the antenna is grossly
detuned for this band, so conditions must have been very good to copy
them at all.

Rig is an IC-706Mk2G.

73/Jon AA1K
www.aa1k.us