Topband: Boring Report - 4Z1UF

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report - 4Z1UF
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:28:58 -0800
Last night - the band seemed to recover from the poor conditions I have
experienced during the past few days.  To put this into perspective, I
had consecutive nights where I found it impossible to pull of a QSL with
a European - which is the first time since about September 1st I believe
this has happened.

For a brief period of time, the SMs were pretty strong - but there were
only a couple of them on.  I heard SM7BIC calling a station in the 9
call area and Len was stronger than the 9 was at my QTH.  Also, the 9
seemed to be having problems hearing Len.

Later, 4Z1UF peaked up and I was able to make a QSO with Ilya.  This is
my second QSO with 4X - the first was helping Riki with his WAS during
the previous solar minimum.

Here is Ilya's signal during a QSB peak (in stereo - diversity
reception):

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/4z1uf_cq_19Jan2010.mp3

Hopefully - the good conditions will enable me to hear some other of the
juicy stuff that was on the band last night.  HV and ST were both active,
but not heard here in Oregon.  I understand the ST (S53R) will be QRV for
some time - so hopefully I can cross zone 34 off the list soon.

East coast stations also worked 3B8, VU and 4S7 last night.  Lots of juicy
stuff on the band!!  However, we all miss not hearing JW5NM who I am sure
would have been easy to work last night.

73 Tree N6TR
Boring, OR
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK