Topband: M flare...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: M flare...
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:01:19 +1100

What ever is happening I have had some excellent sunrise DX into Europe
these past 2 weeks or so....Prior to Christmas I was working the routine
half dozen or so EU contacts then on January 8th the band went
beserk...Prior to sunrise my first cq produced Marko OH3XR with our
daily routine contact at 18:52Z tthen I worked a pileup through sunrise,
1923Z to the last contact at 19:47Z, 31 contacts picked from that very
busy pileup...Since then Dx has been fairly good to excellent with large
numbers of contacts most days...Yesterday 20th I ran 21 stations, all
good signals, average 579 without a pile up....Now the interesting thing
this last week has been the footprint has been mainly the UK and
Northwestern Europe with very few Russian stations..I wonder if this
ties in with any of the AU observations?....My EU sunrise total since
Nov now totals 480 contacts to this morning ....

A footnote...I finally had the pleasure of a contact with Thor TF4M on
the 17th January..This has been my goal these past 2 EU seasons...Thank
you Thor...I now have set my sights on working Greenland...These are the
ultimate in Topband Dxing for me..

73 all....de VK3ZL..
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK