Re: Topband: First 160m Contest

To: James Rogers <jdrog@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: First 160m Contest
From: Mike Waters W0BTU <mrscience65704@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:55:55 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the info! There's one thing I forgot to ask: Where the coax shield
connects to the elevated radials, is that point also connected to a ground rod?
Mine is, and ON4UN's book seems to imply that it shouldn't be.

I also have an RF choke at the feedpoint, about 50' of RG-6 coax coiled up in
an 18" diameter coil.

I'm tuning the inverted-U with a series capacitor at 1830.

I appreciate your time. Thanks again.

73,
Mike Waters
W0BTU