Re: Topband: Antena RX for 160Mtrs

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Antena RX for 160Mtrs
From: Björn Mohr <bm@broadcast.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 20:18:36 +0100
Hi Eduardo,

I have been using this type of coax loop that Pete describes with good results.
I believe the key is to place it as far from the TX antenna as possible, and if
possible make sure the null is in the direction of the TX antenna. In my case
it does improve signal to noise ratio compared to my inverted L.

But an even better choice is a Pennant, Flag or, if you have the real estate, a
Beverage. I find the pennant the best compromise. It is easy to construct and
deploy, and it has good F/B ratio. I use two pennants, one pointing NE for Asia
and the other NW for NA.

I am still using my 20 ft coax loop as a diversity antenna facing NW/SE which
make the whole setup suitable for both DXing and contesting.

Here is K3KY's useful collection of flags and pennants stuff;

http://www.angelfire.com/md/k3ky/page37.html

GL!

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG