Re: Topband: Beverage supports - Thinking of Deer...

To: Gary@ka1j.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage supports - Thinking of Deer...
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 23:06:08 -0500
On Feb 8, 2010, at 9:37 PM, Gary Smith wrote:

> I'm sure the deer are being chased by coyotes & will
> be capable of jumping into my wire no matter how
> high I put it. I know any support I'll be putting
> out will be down in a moment if a buck decides to
> "debark" it with his antlers.
>
> That said, where deer are present, what's a
> realistic "good height" to put the beverage supports
> at?

I run my Beverages at ten feet above the ground.  We have an abundance of deer
and coyotes here, but I don't think I've ever lost a Beverage wire to a deer,
or vice versa.   Instead, I have frequent damage to the Beverages from dead
branches or entire trees falling on them.  Obviously, they're equally
vulnerable at ten feet or 4 feet.  Only a BOG is safe from falling forests.

Bud, W2RU
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK