Re: Topband: help for XE2S

To: PACER99@aol.com
Subject: Re: Topband: help for XE2S
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:27:51 -0400

PACER99@aol.com wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> i have just finished repair of a TL-922 that belongs to Marco, XE2S. he
> needs two new tubes type 3-500Z.
>
> anyone have spares either used good or new that they can sell for a
> reasonable price?
>
> 73,
> larry
> n7dd

Larry,

he can also try 4-400A's or 4-400C's with the thoriated tungsten
filament so he can turn PA voltage on at the same time. Or put in a time
delay relay to allow filaments to get warm before plate voltage is  applied.

This is what I used for years as broadcast pulls from 1 KW AM
transmitters were plentiful and cheap for 25 to 30 dollars.  They still
are less costly than the 3-500 series and the Chinese version is not a
got choice.  Svetlana is fine for either and several houses still have
hundreds of 4-400a/c either Penta or Eimacs.  But the best bet is on an
is  Amperex in either tube and Penta on the 4-400A.IMHO.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK