Re: Topband: Magic Antenna Land

To: Hugh Valentine <hsvdds@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Magic Antenna Land
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:29:49 +0000 (GMT)
Howdy Oval,you are one lucky SOB! Being close to salt water, ideally if on the
beeeech, your best and least complicated solution is just to run two elevated
radials (see Team Vertical exploits). That completes the efficient antenna
standing wave resonant system, which then uses "perfect" ground to enhance the
vertical's performance especially at low angles. Increased gain, lower
angle.Another solution is to run piece of "ground wire" to the salt water, only
wire in contact with water surface is effective, no need to go deep. Then you
are on the mercy of tide "tuning" your antenna.The salt water is the prime
beneficiatitor to the antenna performance, adding 3cxxxxx will help to create
the propagation and boil the salty water and produce some sea salt which is
effectively used instead of toothpaste.HIH, 73  Yuri da 3BUm> Oval gets pretty
good results but is wondering what effect his > ground rod in Salt water is
having on his antenna performance.  > Oval disconnects the Ground rod and runs
on Radials only.  He is > wunderin....did I improve or degrade my
signal???....and he > wonders if he could measure current flow in the 1/4"
ground bus > to the ground rod...would it show any current flow and how would >
that compare to the current flow in the radials....????  Will > his SWR
change?> > Do we have any antenna theorists who could help Oval in his query?>
> 73> Val> N4RJ>
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK