Re: Topband: Low activity

To: Topband reflector <topband@contesting.com>, Tom Boucher <tom@telemetry.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: Low activity
From: Mike Waters W0BTU <mrscience65704@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:16:50 -0800 (PST)
> From: Tom Boucher <tom@telemetry.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: Topband: Low activity
> Date: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 3:41 AM
> Sunrise topband conditions have been
> good this week but activity very low. This morning between
> 0700 and 0730, excellent signals from ZL1AZE and W6OAR but
> no other callers. Listening for an hour, I only heard one
> other G and an EI. Come on folks, let's liven up topband!
>
> 73
> Tom G3OLB

I noticed that. I and an east coast station were calling CQ for hours
yesterday, until about 5:30 AM local time. I know I was heard in Japan, as a JA
spotted my CQ on the DX cluster. The only reply was Bryce, KH6AT (thanks!).

I did a lot of listening on the Beverages, as well (mostly SW and NW, as EU and
most of Africa was in daylight), but not much activity.

73 Mike

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK