Re: Topband: Why I use modeling software

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>, antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Why I use modeling software
From: <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 5:28:43 +0000
Yep, I'm in the one year p*ssed off period.  I just finished Volume #1 of 5 of
L.B. Cebik's Antenna Modeling papers, and my head is spinning, but I'll be
d*mned if I'll let it beat me.  I started playing around with EZNEC V5.0 Demo,
but the segment limitations were fairly tight so I bought V5.0 at Dayton and
quickly realized that I needed help.  Luckily, AntenneX had all five volumes on
sale for about half price and I jumped on it.  Now I have an idea of some of
what I don't know.  :-)  Just hang in there, it's just like 50 years ago when I
got into ham radio.  A year later I even surprised myself in what I had learned.

Go for it, and good luck.

73, Gerry,  K8GT

---- Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net> wrote:

On the other hand, if you tough it out getting into modeling, you will
only be p*ssed off for six months or a year, with all that
enlightenment on the other side.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK