Re: Topband: half size flag antenna--NW6S

To: kingsburys@bellsouth.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: half size flag antenna--NW6S
From: WD8DSB@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:38:53 EST

kingsburys@bellsouth.net N6WS writes:

>>I am interested in building a half size flag antenna (15 ft by 7  ft) to
work on 80, 40 30, & 20meters.

Hello Jim,

I'm a pretty new user of antenna modeling software, but let me take a
crack at answering your question and lets see how it corresponds to other

I analyzed your desired dimensions using a frequency of 3.5 MHZ.

Looks like a termination resistance of approximately 986 ohms is  a good
starting point, as this is the value that provides  approximately zero
reactance at the feedpoint and it provides good null off  the back side when
looking at the elevation plot.

You will need a transformer at the feedpoint of the antenna for matching to
 your feedline, and you will also need a preamp.

Lets see what other answers you get to see how far off I am.

73's
Don (wd8dsb)

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK