Re: Topband: 'Spud Gun'

To: Jim - WS6X <ws6x@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 'Spud Gun'
From: David Hollander <n7rk@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:28:38 -0700
I have been using an inexpensive wrist rocket (sling shot) for the times
I have had to shoot an antenna line over the trees. Used it with fishing
line and sinkers which have a hole through them so it is easy to attach.

I have been able to get them over a 60 ft tree without a problem
although it usually takes a few tries.

One the weight has fallen to the ground, I attach the nylon rope to the
fishing line with a square knot and tightly tape it so it won't snag
when going over the branches.

Worked well from the balcony of my apartment back in the mod 90's when I
was going through the big "D".

http://members.cox.net/n7rk/bigsig2.html

Just made sure I used the sling shot during the day when no one was
around. I'm sure someone would have called the police if they had seen a
grown man shooting a sling shot off of the balcony!!!!

73,

Dave N7RK
Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK