Topband: update on Bob NM7M

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: update on Bob NM7M
From: Carl K9LA <k9la@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 17:46:12 -0400
Topbanders,

For those of you who have been a subscriber to the topband reflector for
a while, you may have wondered what happened to Bob NM7M. He regularly
used to contribute his propagation knowledge to this list, and wrote
many propagation articles (in addition to a monthly column for the old
printed WorldRadio) for the various Amateur Radio publications.

He turned 87 at the beginning of April, and is in an assisted living
facility in Anacortes, WA. He just had his left leg amputated above the
knee due to diabetes (let that be a warning to all of us old guys), and
as I understand it the medicine they gave him in preparation for the
operation resulted in deafness.

Bob has recently submitted some articles to W2VU for publication in CQ,
and I'm sure they were a struggle to write due to the state of his
physical health. We'll probably see these articles in the near future.

He just bought a Ten-Tec OMNI VII, and in his own words he plans to "go
out with a bang". My wife Vicky AE9YL and I will be visiting Bob at the
end of July when we travel to the NW DX Convention in Vancouver (BC),
and hopefully we can get him set up if that hasn't already happened.

Carl K9LA

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK