Re: Topband: spacers for ladder line

To: <garry@ni6t.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: spacers for ladder line
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:41:00 -0700
Garry and others,
Yes his insulator looked good and was pricey IMHO but there is one more
thing to consider. Out here in AZ that THHN wire insulation will crack and
fall off within a year so the grip on the insulator will  probable be
reduced noticeably and may not even be strong enough to grip the wire.
Case in point: I put up a window line Beverage using DXE's insulators with
the snap in pegs. They are starting to crack will probably have to be
replaced after this Summer. The 551 window line has lasted about 15 years
but it too will have to be replaced. RG213 is the same way, about 15 years
outside and it's done.
The only coax that looks brand new after 25 years is the LDF4-50A.
YMMV.....
73 Hardy N7RT