Topband: Titanex 160 HD vertical

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Titanex 160 HD vertical
From: Kari Karvonen <kari.karvonen@phnet.fi>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 23:03:11 +0300
Hello gentlemen

I hope to get some comments. Titanex 160HD vertical is 87.5 feet
long, I have extended it up to 95 feet. What will happen if I add
capacitance hat at 75 feet level. The hat is like wheel which has 6
spokes, each 3,3 feet long (3 mm diameter ). Does it improve
performance compared no hat at all. Or is the improvment just
marginal. Two similar vertical will be phased with Comtek coupler.
Naturally I have to use additionally base loading coil and impedance
matching (beta coil).

73 ! Kari OH5LF
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK