Topband: 2 x Titanex 160 HD's

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 2 x Titanex 160 HD's
From: karvkari karvkari <kari.karvonen@phnet.fi>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 23:18:27 +0300
Hello

Thanks for all comments I got. Now both antennas are again up, no toploading,
that was clear suggestion. It was not possible to use guy wires as top load,
the antenna does not have any guy wires.

New question !
Both antennas resonating at 2,6 MHz. No loading and tunnin coil. Both are
having 30 pcs radials each 20 m 2 inch below ground surface.
1. antenna shows at resonance (2,6 MHz) R = 40 ohm X min (4)
2. antenna shows at 2,6 MHz R =46 ohm X min (4)

Soils differs very much on this place, antenna nro 1 is on rich and a bit wet
soil. Antenna nro 2 is partly surrounded by rocky soil parly richer soil. I
have to ad radials to antenna nr 2 to get ground resistance lower I may reach
total R 42..43 ohms. Spacing between antennas 40 m.

I made measurements with MJF, so I don know how correct they are, but the
diffrence between antennas is locigal. Better soil lower ground resistance.

What this will do to the performance (F/B etc) when using Comtek hybrid
coupler. How closed each others ground loss should be on both anttenas.

Naturally both anttenas will be tuned to 1,830 before phasing connection.

73 ! Kari OH5LF

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK