Topband: 3 element array

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3 element array
From: "Stein Roar Brobakken" <s-roabr@online.no>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:13:22 +0200

Hi

I plan to modify either the 160 or 80m  antennas with a extra
director/reflector

I wonder if anyone have tried a 1/8 or 1/4 wl spaced array and added a
director/reflector ?
What I believe is to make a 1/4wl spaced array + a add a director 0.18-0.2
WL into the direction.

I think most is using a director element 0.18 wl to 0.125 wl away just like
a ordinary yagi..

***do you ground this element with radials ??

I have seen some details on the internet that guys like KC1XX etc have
design after ON4UN book with LC tuning to a 3 inline vertical.... but I do
have simple coax feeding without this in my system, and want to keep this.
I have the ON4UN book, but I just want to know what will give the best GAIN
in one direction ???

73 LA6FJA Rag

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK