Topband: Over water/ uinderwater RX antenna

To: <TOPBAND@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Over water/ uinderwater RX antenna
From: "Larry Pasman" <lrpmbt@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:30:37 -0400
I am in Southern Michigan, I live on the East side of a lake.and am
contemplating trying a over water and underwater RX antenna. I have had very
good success with the Waller Flag RX antenna, However as a Ham always
looking for something better. I have acquired permission from a neighbor to
string a KD9SV reversible beverage across the cove (540ft) using 2 electric
fence wires about 6" apart, cause there will be no support for the entire
run across the cove except for large trees at either end. I contacted Gary
and he said he could build the transformers needed. This system would be at
45 and 225 degrees.

The next question is to get 330 degrees its over 2500' across the lake. Has
any one experimented with underwater RX antennas or in my case under ice as
the project would take place during the winter?

Larry W8VVG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK