Re: Topband: Shunt-fed tower vs. T-vertical

To: herbs@vitelcom.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt-fed tower vs. T-vertical
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
I do have a 4 element Steppir on it, but without modification, the elements
won't add to the top loading, only the boom. Still, it's better than nothing :o)

If I shunt feed it on 160, I possibly could work the Tee in as a reflector.
Might help, might not... Fortunately, I run ummm "QRP" max on 160, so better
quality components are a little less dear...

I assume by 36" or 48" you refer to diameter, versus radius. The mast is 6" in
diameter, with a rectangle cage at the base. Not sure about the mechanics of
mounting the cage near the top, it's not like a lattice tower...

Julius Fazekas
N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group
http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/index.html