Re: Topband: parasitic element

To: "'Tree'" <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: parasitic element
From: "Drago" <s59a@siol.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:07:40 +0200
Well, yes and no !
No, so long it is isolated on a tree. Quater wave must be grounded with at
least one quaterwave elevated radial or with good counterponce. It works
when it is half wave insulated.
I had four of half wave in 4 directions sloping down from the middle tower
then at the point about 3 meters above ground bent back to  center tower. I
tune them as director and reflector switched with vaccuum relays. Great
performance.

GL John,

73 Drago, S59A