Topband: Sunspot Cycle

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Sunspot Cycle
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:04:27 -0800
From: Samuel H Beverage
To: k1fz@myfairpoint.net
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:05 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Sunspot Cycle

Bruce;                  Sept. 26, 2010

          I will stick with the routine, which is that the full Sunspot Cycle
is 22 to 24 Years and a half Cycle is 11 to 12 years.

    I base it on what the real Scientists say in that in each Sunspot Cycle
maximum the polarity is the reverse of what it was on the previous maximum.

     To me it follows that every other maximum will have the same polarity and
supposedly about the same activity as the one 22-24 years earlier.

     My basic personal Sunspot Theory which I set forth quite a few years back,
and which was published in World-Radio at the time, is that the Sun is not only
rotating in a normal fashion but it is also "swirling" slowly in another
direction.

     This second action is what accounts for the timing of the Sunspot Cycles.

     I asked a number of real Scientists at the time if it was stated in any
textbook as to what the timing mechanism of the Sunspot Cycles was and they all
said they had never seen it published or stated what the timing was.

    This included Cousin Harold.  All of them said I should go ahead and
develop my own theory which I did back in the 1970's.

     My best clue came when I read that the real Scientists said that the
polarity of the Sun is different at each maximum and that the Sun does not have
fixed polarities such as the Earth.

     Another thing is that when some hear that there is more Sunspot Activity
they equate it to weather being hotter but in fact it is just the opposite.

     The reason for this being that when there is more Solar Activity there is
more UV, X-Ray and other radiations which cause the Ionosphere to be more
heavilly charged, ie Ionized.

     This condition causes less of the harmful radiations to reach the Earth.

      The Ionosphere is not charged the same everywhere of course, as the
radiations from the Sun do not strike it equally in all parts of the World at
the same time.  Holes exist!

      Most of the basic information I used comes from the book by  J.A.
Ratcliffe of the Cavendish Lab at Cambridge, England.Title is "Sun, Earth  and
Radio".

     This book was the personal copy of one of the Scientists, Dr. Bob Wood,
W4LTS who is one of the ones that urged me to continue on to find the timing
mechanism of the Sunspot Cycles.

     All of the Scientists I inquired of have since passed on.

     One of the important things that Dr. Ratcliffe said was that if it were
not for the Ionized Layers around the Earth there would be no Vegetable or
Animal life possible on Earth!!

     The push to eliminate CO2 is false because both Animal and Vegetable life
depend on it.

     There are some who worry about Ozone Layer depletion, but here again Ozone
is replentished during Solar Activity!

     I have sent most of the above Theory to various Politicians who tend to
apologize to 3rd World Countries that we are causing all the trouble by making
too much CO2!!  Of course it falls on deaf ears, but I have had the
satisfaction of telling them.

     I have even purchased, and given out, extra issues of the 2009 Old Farmers
Almanac which has a series of pages showing the Cyclic Solar Activity and some
of the things that happened to those not taking it into consideration.

     For example the loss of the entire Sir John Franklin Arctic Expedition to
find the NW Passage took place in the middle of a Sunspot Cycle Maximum as did
the locking in the ice and crushing the Shackleton Antarctic Expedition ship.

    The sinking of the Titanic also took place in part of a Sunspot Max.

    Several other lesser known, but tragic Arctic and Antarctic expeditions
took place in Solar Activity maximums.

    So what do I know?  Nothing, except what I have heard or read and have
fitted some of this information together for others to believe or not to
believe.

                            Samuel H. Beverage, W1MGP
                            163 Middle Rd.
                            North Haven, ME 04853-3116