Topband: ground rod replacement?

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ground rod replacement?
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:46:05 -0800
Dan,

BOG antennas, through the matching  transformer, develop their signal
between the BOG wire and a ground rod.

A higher resistive  ground rod will provide less signal strength to the
receiver. Recommend use as long as possible copper water pipe for grounds.
Check out building supply, and hardware stores for reasonable pricing.
Forget short ground rods in, cold weather, winter climates as frozen earth
is a poor conductor for RF.

Reasonably short BOG's using  ground rods instead of radials allow multi
band operation and take up less space.

73
Bruce-K1FZ

I discovered that much of  the copper plating is gone. Now I'm wondering
about all the other ground
 rods I have out on other receive antennas and if I should replace them?

 Dan W8CAR

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK