Re: Topband: modified TX3A rx antenna

To: "kees nijdam" <clnijdam@chello.nl>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: modified TX3A rx antenna
From: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:42:46 -0400

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:34:34 +0200
  "kees nijdam" <clnijdam@chello.nl> wrote:
> I made...the TX3A antenna ... With the same total length > of wire I made two
> rectangular loops instead of
> the triangels. (both 5 x 11 m, 1.5 m high)
>
> I must conclude that this antenna outperforms my K9AY
>loops. It comes closer
> tomy 160m beverage (on 160 meter)

Kees,

That was the original design for this antenna: two
rectangular loops with the cross wire phasing. Indeed,
this configuration is better than the double delta loops.
We did not have the necessary supports at TX3A, so we
decided on the delta configuration instead, which only
needed two poles and was supposed to work almost as well.

George, AA7JV/TX3A
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK