Topband: The Slingshot Option..need distance not height

To: lrpmbt@comcast.net
Subject: Topband: The Slingshot Option..need distance not height
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:50:05 -0400

On 10/18/2010 6:01 PM, Larry Pasman wrote:
> I broke down and got the pneumatic launcher kit. The velocity is low enough
> the fishing line comes off the reel smoothly and yet puts a tennis ball with
> some sand in it right where I want it and will come down from the tree with
> no problem. With about 50 psi it will send the tennis ball over the biggest
> Oak trees I have and the ball will do no damage to whatever it may hit. The
> best part is I can send my Labrador retriever after the ball when it lands
> in the lake or elsewhere. He retrieves the ball with the line still intact,
> I then pull up the stronger lines as needed.

I need to put a Beverage over an area that is flat but full of
implementable brush of weeds, tan tan, cacha, and cactus.  A Brush Hog
would be great to cut a path but actually the brush would keep a wire at
least 5 feet above ground if I could get across it.   About 750 feet
down range is a clearance for the termination etc...but is there anyway
to get a wire 750 feet down wind?  100 feet up is one thing but can
anything launch a fishing line with a down range distance of 750 feet.
Which device would have the greatest thrown power to make this
horizontal distance.

I have even considered renting one of the islands sightseeing
helicopters for a few minutes to pull the wire.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
St. Croix, VI

> _

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK