Topband: Two element vertical wire array question, phasing harnesses

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Two element vertical wire array question, phasing harnesses
From: "Mark Lunday" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 18:28:21 -0400
OK, I am going to try this with some shortened verticals, spaced a half
wavelength apart.

Here?s my question ? if I have some pre-existing phasing harnesses made from
¼ length coax with the correct velocity factor at 1.82 MHz, what happens if
I connect two of these ¼ wavelength coax elements together with an SO-239?
The velocity will be different in the connector, but it is so short compared
to the wavelength at 1.82 MHz that it should be negligible, correct?  The
coax will be (almost) the same as a single piece of  ½ wavelength coax at
1.82 MHz (velocity factor included), correct?

Mark Lunday
WD4ELG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK