Topband: Two Wire Reversible BOG Terminatons

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Two Wire Reversible BOG Terminatons
From: k4kh@ryanstudios.net
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:05:43 -0400
I have seen hear on the reflector much about termination of single
wire beverages, but not on reversible.
What is my best course of action with Resistor termination between my
transformers (both Reflecting, and Feed End) and ground rods, on a Two
Wire reversible BOGs .
Or is it needed?

I have been completing (2) Two Wire reversible BOGs made of RG6  -
170ft. each, in a X pattern here in Central Florida.
I have gotten them down to good SWR of around 1.3 to 1 with good
hearing and nice S/N separation.
I have installed chokes at both ends on the feed lines (pairs of RG6 -
92 ft long buried.)
I have safety ground at entrance to house 18? x 24? ½?thk. Alum.
Panel, Ice Coaxial Suppressors, (3) 8 Ft ground rods bonded.
I have (4) 8 ft. ground rods one at each end of the bogs.
(NOTE:  real ground here is more like 45 ft deep) when $800 is freed
up a large order of compression rods will be ordered, But not Today.

They are working better with each adjustments I do as I go.  Even with
the issues that still remain they are great here in a Tropical to
Sub-Tropical
Environment (ie. If a storm is in the South or the Gulf or southern
Atlantic I know it) with dealing with Noise as compared to my 160
meter Invented Windom 45 feet in the air.

Any advice would great.

Thomas Ryan   K4KH

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK