Re: Topband: Barbed Wire Fence as Beverage?

To: Brian Kassel <briank7re@gmail.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Barbed Wire Fence as Beverage?
From: Mike Waters W0BTU <mrscience65704@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 15:42:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Brian,

A Beverage requires a poorly conductive ground (poor compared to the wire
itself) under it to work right. Is it possible to run the wire parallel to the
fence but spaced some distance from it?

This question comes up from time to time in this reflector and in the qrz.com
and eham.net forums. I would search the Topband reflector archives in this
mailing list for more details.

An alternative to a Beverage is an array of short verticals, but the Beverage
is
the easiest to get working.

 73,
Mike Waters