Re: Topband: Some eye candy

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Some eye candy
From: W2PM <w2pm@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 23:00:12 -0500
I have seen worse. K1AJL had a single 833 on two bricks on top of a dirt
basement floor with the tank circuit simply seated on plywood on the same
floor. The amp was keyed from a room directly upstairs using a certain length
of rubber test lead wire. He keyed the B+ directly from there with the negative
return through the steam pipes for the house heating system.

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 11, 2010, at 22:38, Tree <tree@kkn.net> wrote:

> Tim, K3LR, sent me this picture:
>
> http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/HomebrewTransmitterQuitoEcuador.jpg
>
> A little research dug up this web site:
>
> http://www.rwonline.com/article/69826
>
> I would suggest this as a construction technique - but it sure is fun to look
> at!!
>
> Those are 833A tubes for those who haven't seen them before.
>
> Tree
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK