Re: Topband: Alternatives to Coax...

To: Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Alternatives to Coax...
From: Brad Rehm <bradrehm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 21:44:34 -0600
Brian,

Ought to work very well.  Cat 5 cable is designed for data rates at
higher frequencies than our low band gear will use.  I'd terminate the
unused pairs with 100Ω
resistors at both ends, though, to make sure they behave properly.

I believe the Cat 6 cable might be even better for this application,
because separation between the pairs is better controlled by a nylon
spline in the center of the cable.

Brad
KV5V

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could Cat-5 cable (twisted pair), with suitable baluns, be used to transit
> low-band RX antenna signals?  Looks like some people are doing this for VHF
> signals:
>
> http://www.avovercat5.com/products/rf_f.htm

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK