Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?

To: "Diane and Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>, <midnight18@cox.net>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?
From: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 19:36:45 -0500
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:38:21 -0500
  "Diane and Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca> wrote:
> "What happened
> to all the *DX* stations on 160?"

DX conditions towards Europe were fine in South Florida
last night. I have made 20 EU contacts, mostly from
Eastern Europe. Signals were between S4 and S8 (UA3ZJG).
Almost all the stations were better copy on my TX vertical
than on my Pennant, which is very unusual and happens only
when noise is low. Noise on my vertical, which is usually
S4 to S5, was around S2 last night. Conditions, however,
did not last, and signals started to fade around 0430Z.

Yet more misterious behavior by "The Band".

73 and Happy Holidays,

George, AA7JV
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK