Topband: Where are all the JA's?

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Where are all the JA's?
From: "Luis Mansutti IV3PRK" <luisprk@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 23:30:12 +0100
To the Moderator: Sorry I send again with a corrected tabulation:
 Mike W7DRA wrote:

> here is a way that anyone who wants to find JA statistics: go count the
> number of JA participants in the KCJ topband contest for the past years,
> the info is on the KCJ site
>
> as an example
>
> 2003 - 100
> 2004 - 128
> 2005 - 150
> 2006 - 122
> 2007 - 155
> 2008 - 140
> 2009 - 181
> 2010 - 170
>
> looks like a pretty robust community to me

 Yes, it looks like a pretty robust community to me also:
 These are the progressive totals (from March to March) of my JA QSOs on 160
 (From here it is an over 9.000 km. high latitude path with all lousy ground
 reflections)

                      Tot.QSO's   New Calls
  March 2006      1212            385
  March 2008        363             74
  March 2009        312             57
  March 2010        320             56
  December 2010    99               9
  Tot.JA' s           2306           581

 There is no lack of JA stations on Topband, but very poor conditions: are
we
 already on the downside of our good lowband cycle?
 I just updated the JA page on my website: http://www.iv3prk.it/japan.htm ,
 but give a look also on the daily graphs
 http://www.iv3prk.it/last-3-months.htm
 In a few days I will update also the NA pages and for sure we could ask
 "Where are the West Coast stations gone?".

 My best wishes for an Happy New Year 2011 to all!

 73
 Luis IV3PRK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK