Re: Topband: 160 Meter RFI - found another ham with nearly identical RFI

To: "Robert Harmon" <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 Meter RFI - found another ham with nearly identical RFI
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:18:43 -0500 (EST)
Hi Bob,

W2GPS are not hearing the same RFI source, we are hearing two RFI sources with
nearly identical characteristics.  I have successfully identified the source of
my RFI.  W2GPS isn't very concerned about his because he has no 16o meter
capabilities.

The next task is to correct my RFI problem, thats going to be a long row to
hoe...  Thankfully I have eight Beverage antennas that provide sufficient
directivity that minimize but do not completely eliminate the problem in every
direction except SE  The amazing thing is that my RFI source is one mile away.

tks

73
Frank
W3LPL