Topband: Probable explanation for AM carrier and oldies music on 1.870

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Probable explanation for AM carrier and oldies music on 1.870
From: Jim Sorenson <kjsorenson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:51:02 -0500
I received a number of comments regarding my post concerning the music being
played on 1.870 and there were a lot of interesting theories and conjectures
about it. Scott, K8SM, has just emailed me with what appears to be the
probable explanation for it and has given me permission to post it here in
the Top Band Digest. I first heard the transmission on Tuesday evening at
around 9 - 10pm local time. I again heard it last night under a SSB QSO on
1.870.

Jim
W3BH
Saxonburg, PA 16056