Re: Topband: RX Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX Antenna
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:34:02 -0500
Jack:

     Before I had to remove them to make room for my tower in the backyard,
I had three bi-directional EWE's and switching relays powered over the coax.
They worked extremely well in separating sigs on Topband and even 80M.  I
was amazed at how well they worked.

     If you decide to go with relays for switching, make sure you buy sealed
units.  Mine were cheap ones from the Shack that worked the first year but
corrosion set in and they were not that great the second year.  That's when
I built my tower and had to remove them to make room.  However, they were
very easy to install and get working.

73 de
Gene Smar Ad3F