Re: Topband: Chat Room Confirmation

To: mrtman777@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Chat Room Confirmation
From: w7dra@juno.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:38:08 -0800
i don't know when it was but somewhere around your age, i saw technology
advancing and decided i should stay at a particular year. i saw my first
contest in 1953, so i decided to keep all my technology at or before
1953.

working the 2011 ARRL DX contest with a National NC183 and a WWII ARC5
VFO and an 833a and a long piece of wire, to me that is fun!!

mike w7dra

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 06:45:25 -0800 (PST) mrtman777
<mrtman777@bellsouth.net> writes:

> I am 16 years old, and I come from a generation that generally has
> little use
> for amateur radio.  In the past, being a ham was a novelty, but now,
> why not
> just pick up your cell phone or use the internet to communicate?
>

> But I operate off what I like to call "cool factor".  Sure, using
> the internet
> would be easier, but that is beside the point.  I enjoy the
> challenge and
> adventure of using a radio station to make DX contacts.  If I was to
> cheat by
> using an online SDR, or the internet in any form to complete my
> contact, that
> would defeat my original purpose for operating.  Sure, cheating
> might help me
> reach DXCC or some other award on 160, but it would still defeat the
> fun and the
> entire point.  And if I DXCCed that way, I wouldn't really enjoy
> having the
> DXCC.  All my fun comes from using RF to complete the contact.
>

> VY 73 & CU on topband
>
> de Trey KJ4FDV
> Birmingham AL

$65/Hr Job - 25 Openings
Part-Time job ($20-$65/hr). Requirements: Home Internet Access
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d64571665885cf02m03vuc
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK