Re: Topband: T30RH & Pile-Up Decorum

To: "'Diane & Edward Swynar'" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: T30RH & Pile-Up Decorum
From: "John Langdon" <jlangdon@outer.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 06:43:08 -0500
I have noticed that some Topband operators have adopted a new program for
working DX.  It goes something like "locate the DX stations transmitting
frequency, then locate the frequency he is listening on. Then send your call
sign 3-5 times, pause and listen. If you do not hear your call sign coming
back to you, repeat until you do."

I have observed stations in my region with much better receiving arrays than
I have doing this so often that it cannot be anything other than
intentional.

This is a new problem over and above the people who call when they are
obviously not hearing the DX at all.

73 John N5CQ